classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

asciidoctor-latex

chatterj.d
Hi!

I came across asciidoctor very recently and got hooked to it almost immediately. I need to write some technical stuff in LaTeX on a regular basis, so I installed asciidoctor-latex and was very happy with the result. However, today after upgrading my ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 I started getting an error with asciidoctor-latex, so I reinstalled it and updated all the gems.

Thereafter, to my horror, I get the following message each time that I run asciidoctor-latex:

"
NOTE: Gem::Specification#rubyforge_project= is deprecated with no replacement. It will be removed on or after 2019-12-01.
Gem::Specification#rubyforge_project= called from /var/lib/gems/2.5.0/specifications/sprockets-3.7.2.gemspec:19.
"

Am I doing something silly?

Best,
    - Debasish.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: asciidoctor-latex

mojavelinux
Administrator
The asciidoctor-latex project has a lot of value, but it is not currently being maintained. We're looking for someone to step forward and take it over. I don't have strong feelings for how it should work, other than it is tested and follows semantic versioning. I can help administer the project, but I don't have time to work on it myself.

Best Regards,

-Dan

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 7:12 AM chatterj.d [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

I came across asciidoctor very recently and got hooked to it almost immediately. I need to write some technical stuff in LaTeX on a regular basis, so I installed asciidoctor-latex and was very happy with the result. However, today after upgrading my ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 I started getting an error with asciidoctor-latex, so I reinstalled it and updated all the gems.

Thereafter, to my horror, I get the following message each time that I run asciidoctor-latex:

"
NOTE: Gem::Specification#rubyforge_project= is deprecated with no replacement. It will be removed on or after 2019-12-01.
Gem::Specification#rubyforge_project= called from /var/lib/gems/2.5.0/specifications/sprockets-3.7.2.gemspec:19.
"

Am I doing something silly?

Best,
    - Debasish.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/asciidoctor-latex-tp7433.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux
Reply | Threaded
|

chatterj.d
Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response, and I understand the constraints. However, is it possible to not deprecate the asciidoctor-latex project even though there's nobody at the moment to maintain it? Several people may have started blogs with asciidoctor-latex including me, and since 01 Dec 2019 we have no means of continuing with this setup.

Best,
     - Debasish.
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
Debasish,

I didn't say it was deprecated. It's just not maintained atm. And that can only be fixed if a maintainer steps forward. That's just a reality.

-Dan

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 7:59 PM chatterj.d [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response, and I understand the constraints. However, is it possible to not deprecate the asciidoctor-latex project even though there's nobody at the moment to maintain it? Several people may have started blogs with asciidoctor-latex including me, and since 01 Dec 2019 we have no means of continuing with this setup.

Best,
     - Debasish.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/asciidoctor-latex-tp7433p7460.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux