5 messages Options
Jmm
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Header level when including sub documents

Jmm
Hello,

As a showcase for Ascciidoctor to convert a colleague, I am converting a big multi part Docbook document. As expected, it is a good way to learn Asciidoc as I have several hurdles to solve.

Here is one (and I know it can be done as Mojavelinux mentioned it to me at Devoxx):  in a master document, I am including a sub document where the headers are starting from level 0 ("="). The Asciidoctor parser complains with "asciidoctor: ERROR: 10_introduction.adoc: line 1: only book doctypes can contain level 0 sections"

What is the proper way to handle headers with included documents ?

Jmm
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Header level when including sub documents

LightGuardjp
Hey!

The default doctype is article. Switch it to book when you run Asciidoctor by using -d book. 

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Jmm [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

As a showcase for Ascciidoctor to convert a colleague, I am converting a big multi part Docbook document. As expected, it is a good way to learn Asciidoc as I have several hurdles to solve.

Here is one (and I know it can be done as Mojavelinux mentioned it to me at Devoxx):  in a master document, I am including a sub document where the headers are starting from level 0 ("="). The Asciidoctor parser complains with "asciidoctor: ERROR: 10_introduction.adoc: line 1: only book doctypes can contain level 0 sections"

Jmm

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Header-level-when-including-sub-documents-tp1235.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

Jmm
Reply | Threaded
|

Jmm
D'oh! That was obvious !

The only thing I didn't try. Probably mislead by setting the :doctype: property in the master document itself: thought it was sufficient.

I am back on the road. The Pandoc conversion is a little approximative and needs some hand tuning for such a document.

Thanks for the hint.

Jmm

2013/12/28 LightGuardjp [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]>
Hey!

The default doctype is article. Switch it to book when you run Asciidoctor by using -d book. 

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Jmm [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Jmm

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Header-level-when-including-sub-documents-tp1235.html
NAML

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Header-level-when-including-sub-documents-tp1235p1236.html
NAML

Jmm
Reply | Threaded
|

Jmm
Jmm wrote
Mission accomplished !

58 pages (complex) Docbook document converted successfully to acsiidoc. 1 to 1 PDF output thanks to the asciidoctor and docbkx maven plugin. Eagerly waiting waiting next monday to be back at work for the demo.

Now on my way for the Maven archetype...

Happy new year.

Jmm
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
Awesome news! I tried to get the maven 0.1.4 plugin released before Christmas, but I'm still fighting with Nexus to verify my gpg sigs. You all will obviously know on the list and the site about the release. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are looking forward to a great 2014!

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Jmm [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jmm wrote
Mission accomplished !

58 pages (complex) Docbook document converted successfully to acsiidoc. 1 to 1 PDF output thanks to the asciidoctor and docbkx maven plugin. Eagerly waiting waiting next monday to be back at work for the demo.

Now on my way for the Maven archetype...

Happy new year.

Jmm

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Header-level-when-including-sub-documents-tp1235p1239.html
NAML