Using CrowdIn.com for AsciiDoc translation.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using CrowdIn.com for AsciiDoc translation.

bwklein
We use CrowdIn for translation of all of our software UI, and I would like to use it for translation of our website and all of our software documentation.  This is where AsciiDoc comes in.  We are looking at replacing our Wordpress site and all of our MS Word docs with AsciiDoc source files.  These would then be converted to HTML/PDF for documents through asciidoctor and Web content through a static site generator and asciidoctor combo.

Currently CrowdIn does not recognize the asciidoc file format.  It does do Markdown and a few other file formats, including plain text.  Which is why I am using the .txt extension on our asciidoc files at the moment.  The developers at CrowdIn have said that they are now working on native support for asciidoc files and the need to change extension should go away soon.

Here is a short video I recorded this morning about how using the crowdin system with AsciiDoc files works for me.  I am not showing the API part of our workflow, that we already use for our software UI translation.

http://www.screencast.com/t/xSX6MlSy5np

Any comments or feedback is welcome.