classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Custom PDF theme and new lines

1marc1
Hi,

I am building a custom theme for asciidoctor-pdf 1.5.3 and I have a question. I have created a very simple test document like this:

== Test

This is a very simple document.

When I run this through asciidoctor-pdf without specifying any theme, the output places the three lines in the same paragraph (one after the other).

When I run this through asciidoctor-pdf while specifying my custom theme, I end up with three individual paragraphs; one for each line.

My understanding has always been that this shouldn't be possible. However, it looks like something in my theme is controlling the behavior. Is anyone aware of a setting that I should check in my custom theme so that I get the default behavior back?

Thank you.

Marc.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Custom PDF theme and new lines

mojavelinux
Administrator
Marc.

This is not behavior I expect to see. It's possible you have discovered a defect.

Can you share a minimal theme with a sample document that demonstrates the problem? I'll be happy to look into it.

Best Regards,

-Dan

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 8:45 AM 1marc1 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am building a custom theme for asciidoctor-pdf 1.5.3 and I have a question. I have created a very simple test document like this:

== Test

When I run this through asciidoctor-pdf without specifying any theme, the output places the three lines in the same paragraph (one after the other).

When I run this through asciidoctor-pdf while specifying my custom theme, I end up with three individual paragraphs; one for each line.

My understanding has always been that this shouldn't be possible. However, it looks like something in my theme is controlling the behavior. Is anyone aware of a setting that I should check in my custom theme so that I get the default behavior back?

Thank you.

Marc.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Custom-PDF-theme-and-new-lines-tp8105.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen (he, him, his) | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux
Reply | Threaded
|

1marc1
Dan,

I have been doing some further testing and can happily report that the mystery has been solved. I found that I didn't have the issue with the same custom theme while running on a Linux environment. It just happened on Windows.

It turned out that somewhere in my tool chain a piece of code was inserting additional new lines when running on Windows.

Bug fixed and moving on!

Marc.
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
Marc.

I'm glad to hear you got to the bottom of it. Way to go!

Best Regards,

-Dan

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 5:52 AM 1marc1 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dan,

I have been doing some further testing and can happily report that the mystery has been solved. I found that I didn't have the issue with the same custom theme while running on a Linux environment. It just happened on Windows.

It turned out that somewhere in my tool chain a piece of code was inserting additional new lines when running on Windows.

Bug fixed and moving on!

Marc.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Custom-PDF-theme-and-new-lines-tp8105p8107.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen (he, him, his) | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux