Upgraded to 0.1.4, now stylesheets broken (noob)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Upgraded to 0.1.4, now stylesheets broken (noob)

matthewadams12
Hi all,

I've been using asciidoctor 0.1.3 successfully in the following manner:
asciidoctor -v -b html5 -D target/html5//cookbook -a stylesheet=../stylesheets/riak.css src/main/asciidoc/cookbook/index.adoc
My adoc source is in src/main/asciidoc & my stylesheets are in src/main/stylesheets.

After upgrading to 0.1.4, there is no more stylesheet link in my generated html.  I saw that one of the changes in 0.1.4 is for asciidoctor to embed stylesheets by default now, but don't quite understand how I'm supposed to change my invocation.

How do I need to modify my command line above to get the riak.css stylesheet to be used when generating with the html5 back end?

Thanks,
Matthew
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Upgraded to 0.1.4, now stylesheets broken (noob)

matthewadams12
Answered my own question:
asciidoctor -v -b html5 -D target/html5//cookbook -a stylesheet=src/main/stylesheets/riak.css src/main/asciidoc/cookbook/index.adoc
Pointing the stylesheet attribute at the stylesheet source caused it to be embedded.  I'll have to decide if I want all generated html files to link to a shared stylesheet or not later on.

Sorry for the noise, if any.

-matthew
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
Matthew,

I'm glad you brought this up. One of the changes in 0.1.4 is that stylesheets are embedded by default instead of linked. To link instead, simply pass this attribute:

-a linkcss

That will make Asciidoctor match the behavior of 0.1.3.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM, matthewadams12 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
asciidoctor -v -b html5 -D target/html5//cookbook -a stylesheet=src/main/stylesheets/riak.css src/main/asciidoc/cookbook/index.adoc
Pointing the stylesheet attribute at the stylesheet source caused it to be embedded.  I'll have to decide if I want all generated html files to link to a shared stylesheet or not later on.

-matthew

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Upgraded-to-0-1-4-now-stylesheets-broken-noob-tp638p640.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

matthewadams12
Cool, thanks!

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM, mojavelinux [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Matthew,

I'm glad you brought this up. One of the changes in 0.1.4 is that stylesheets are embedded by default instead of linked. To link instead, simply pass this attribute:

-a linkcss

That will make Asciidoctor match the behavior of 0.1.3.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM, matthewadams12 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

-matthew

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Upgraded-to-0-1-4-now-stylesheets-broken-noob-tp638p640.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Upgraded-to-0-1-4-now-stylesheets-broken-noob-tp638p641.html
To unsubscribe from Upgraded to 0.1.4, now stylesheets broken (noob), click here.
NAML

--
[hidden email]