Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Intellij plugin

julien
I started to port a Markdown Intellij plugin to Asciidoc using the java Asciidoc integration. The current work is very alpha and allows to provide a view of a document using Swing HTML component.

Even though the work is very alpha and is not yet deployed to the Intellij plugin center, I wanted to mention it publicly to avoid duplicate effort and encourage contributions.

The work is being developed in this GitHub repository.

Julien
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Intellij plugin

mojavelinux
Administrator

This is fantastic news! In fact, I was asked about this earlier today at OSCON. I'll be sure to spread the word now that I've seen this message.

Thanks for kicking off this effort!

-Dan

On Jul 25, 2013 1:39 AM, "julien [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I started to port a Markdown Intellij plugin to Asciidoc using the java Asciidoc integration. The current work is very alpha and allows to provide a view of a document using Swing HTML component.

Even though the work is very alpha and is not yet deployed to the Intellij plugin center, I wanted to mention it publicly to avoid duplicate effort and encourage contributions.

Julien

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Intellij-plugin-tp386.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

asotobu
In reply to this post by julien
Really interesting, I think that having your IDE integrated with your document system is a really good thing, you can write the documentation (or read it) then write your code (test and code), ... without having to change the context (no multiple programs, no manual steps, ...) so you can stay focused on your work.
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
In reply to this post by julien
Julien, would you like to create a blog post (either on your blog, or send one as a pull request to the asciidoctor site) and we'll be sure to highlight it that way? If you're agreeable to it, this would be another good repo to pull into the asciidoctor organization.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM, julien [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Julien

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Intellij-plugin-tp386.html
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

julien
Sure, I can write a short blog at the first milestone. For the repo, it makes more sense to be in Asciidoctor GitHub organization.
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
I've given you permission on GitHub to transfer the repo into the Asciidoctor org. Just let me know if you need any assistance.

...and a blog post would be splendid!

-Dan

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM, julien [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sure, I can write a short blog at the first milestone. For the repo, it makes more sense to be in Asciidoctor GitHub organization.

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Intellij-plugin-tp386p400.html
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

smigielski
Can you post some instruction for newbies how to build it and install in intellij? It will be very helpful as I consider moving from eclipse to intellij and everything is quite new to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

julien
Hi,

you need to follow this guide : http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IDEADEV/Getting+Started+with+Plugin+Development

except that the project is already created so you just need to open it : https://github.com/asciidoctor/idea-asciidoc/blob/master/AsciidocPlugin.iml

see the "Running and debugging a plugin" part of the the Getting Started.