classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Including documents from one point to the other end

aalmiray
Hello everyone,

The `include` directive can be used to include portions of a document either by specifying a line range or a set of tags. I wonder if it's possible to include a document by simply specifying an entry line and have the rest of the document included from there. My use case is to embed a source file but skipping the license header.

An alternative would be to allow the following syntax (borrowed from Groovy) if both ends of the range must be specified

include::source.java[12..-1]

Thoughts?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Including documents from one point to the other end

LightGuardjp
Someone May Say otherwise, but I'm pretty sure you can do a -1 on the last bit of the range. Ruby allows that as well and I remember talking about it. 

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM, aalmiray [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

The `include` directive can be used to include portions of a document either by specifying a line range or a set of tags. I wonder if it's possible to include a document by simply specifying an entry line and have the rest of the document included from there. My use case is to embed a source file but skipping the license header.

An alternative would be to allow the following syntax (borrowed from Groovy) if both ends of the range must be specified

Thoughts?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Including-documents-from-one-point-to-the-other-end-tp1480.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
As Jason pointed out, your instinct was correct, Andres. You can use -1 to represent the last line of the document. Your example works.

I added this information to the user manual as it was previously missing.

-Dan

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM, LightGuardjp [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Someone May Say otherwise, but I'm pretty sure you can do a -1 on the last bit of the range. Ruby allows that as well and I remember talking about it. 

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM, aalmiray [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thoughts?

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Including-documents-from-one-point-to-the-other-end-tp1480.html
NAML

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Including-documents-from-one-point-to-the-other-end-tp1480p1481.html
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

aalmiray
Beautiful! I'll update the Griffon Guide with this new info.

Have I said how much I love working with #asciidoctor already? ;-)

Thanks guys!