classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

jekyll, asciidoctor and latex how to?

benibilme
Hello,

I am newbie. I have settled in jekyll in for my new web site...One of the main reasons for selection of jekyll is the support of asciidoctor even though support is via plugin not natively.

Some of my posts will include math..How can I embed latex in asciidoc...I have seen configurations of markdown with mathjax and ketex but not with asciidoc.

I have seen asciidoctor-latex, but it has not been update in years, but also I am not use if it is usable
within jekyll.

Any help much appreciated.

Beni...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: jekyll, asciidoctor and latex how to?

David Jencks
Asciidoctor automatically inserts stuff so client-side MathJax will work.  The default asciidoctor stylesheet and scripts support loading the mathjax library.  I don’t know how this would interact with jekyll.  For comparison, Antora produces the appropriate html inside the page, but the default UI does not include what’s needed to fetch and run mathjax on the client.

Look up “stem support” in the manual.

I’m not sure which language implementation of asciidoctor you’re using.  If it’s asciidoctor.js, you can also try my asciidoctor-mathjax extension, which renders latex math (and asciimath) to svg on the server.

For ruby and possibly java, there’s asciidoctor-mathematical, but I don’t think its well maintained.  There may be other solutions.

Hope this helps,
David Jencks

On Mar 25, 2020, at 5:30 PM, benibilme [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I am newbie. I have settled in jekyll in for my new web site...One of the main reasons for selection of jekyll is the support of asciidoctor even though support is via plugin not natively.

Some of my posts will include math..How can I embed latex in asciidoc...I have seen configurations of markdown with mathjax and ketex but not with asciidoc.

I have seen asciidoctor-latex, but it has not been update in years, but also I am not use if it is usable
within jekyll.

Any help much appreciated.

Beni...

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/jekyll-asciidoctor-and-latex-how-to-tp7792.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: jekyll, asciidoctor and latex how to?

benibilme
Thank you for the response..

Because of many reasons, I have decided to switch to Hugo which seems to support asciidoc. However, hugo just passes some default parameters to asciidoc and there are many things not working... I have post a question to this forum Asciidoctor with Hugo . I appreciate if you can take look at and commend on that...