Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to install asciidoctor-pdf

Tobi
I'm running the latest Ruby version (3.0.0p0) on Windows and the latest asciidoctor (2.0.12) and get the following error message:
C:\Windows\System32>gem install asciidoctor-pdf
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `request' for nil:NilClass
Where's my fault. By the way, I don't have a black belt in Ruby etc.
Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Unable to install asciidoctor-pdf

abelsromero
If you are not able to use Ruby 2.x, you can try the pre-release for now with "gem install --pre asciidoctor-pdf" at your own risk (https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-pdf/issues/1870).

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 4:17 PM Tobi [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm running the latest Ruby version (3.0.0p0) on Windows and the latest asciidoctor (2.0.12) and get the following error message:
C:\Windows\System32>gem install asciidoctor-pdf
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `request' for nil:NilClass
Where's my fault. By the way, I don't have a black belt in Ruby etc.
Thank you!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Unable-to-install-asciidoctor-pdf-tp8487.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Tobi
I understand now that this is a compatibility issue. I'll try the pre-release and see what happens. I can still use Ruby 2.x if I get in trouble.
Thank you for your quick help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Tobi
I just want to let you know that I really had to go back to Ruby 2.7.2. I had an issue with a font thas not been found using the pre-release of asciidoctor-pdf.
Reply | Threaded
|

abelsromero
Please, do not hesitate to share any problem you find. Reporting is as important as writing the code.
Reply | Threaded
|

Tobi
I got the following error message:

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\ms\product_descriptions\DE>asciidoctor-pdf -a pdf-themesdir=../resources/themes -a pdf-theme=pd_docs_de -a pdf-fontsdir=../resources/fonts file.adoc
C:/Users/xxx/Documents/ms/product_descriptions/resources/fonts/notoserif-regular-subset.ttf not found

This is a font in a default theme that is used as fallback. The font is not missing in the system.
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
If you're using a custom theme, and you want to use the built-in fonts, you should be inheriting from the default theme. I would check your theme and make sure you are using the correct strategy. It should look something like this:

extends: default
font:
  catalog:
    merge: true
    # your custom fonts here

If you don't extend the default theme, then the path to the built-in theme should be prefixed with GEM_FONTS_DIR/. Otherwise, it will look in the wrong location.

Btw, Asciidoctor PDF 2 will support Ruby 3. Asciidoctor 1.5.x cannot support Ruby 3 because the dependencies it is locked to do not support Ruby 3.

Best Regards,

-Dan

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 7:36 AM Tobi [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the following error message:

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\ms\product_descriptions\DE>asciidoctor-pdf -a pdf-themesdir=../resources/themes -a pdf-theme=pd_docs_de -a pdf-fontsdir=../resources/fonts file.adoc
C:/Users/xxx/Documents/ms/product_descriptions/resources/fonts/notoserif-regular-subset.ttf not found

This is a font in a default theme that is used as fallback. The font is not missing in the system.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Unable-to-install-asciidoctor-pdf-tp8487p8492.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen (he, him, his) | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux