Syntaxhighlighting definition for katepart available?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Syntaxhighlighting definition for katepart available?

wimalopaan
Hi all,

usually I write my asciidoc-documents using emacs with asciidoc-mode.

But: for all C++ coding I use QtCreator and it would be great if there is a katepart asciidoc syntax definition (qtcreator can use these definitions) to write the documention also inside qtcreator.

Any hints?

--
 Wilhelm
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Syntaxhighlighting definition for katepart available?

mojavelinux
Administrator
I'm glad you brought this up because we do need to eventually have a syntax definition for AsciiDoc that we can use as the basis of other parser tools. The obvious choice for this definition is a PEG grammar. I think we'll get there. Until then, the most readable definition thus far is probably the highlighter for GTK source view, which I've updated [1].

You can probably draw from the asciidoc.lang file from GTK source view and the Markdown definition for Kate [2] to create a new AsciiDoc definition for Kate. Start with the section titles and it goes pretty quickly.

-Dan

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 2:08 AM, wimalopaan [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

usually I write my asciidoc-documents using emacs with asciidoc-mode.

But: for all C++ coding I use QtCreator and it would be great if there is a katepart asciidoc syntax definition (qtcreator can use these definitions) to write the documention also inside qtcreator.

Any hints?

--
 Wilhelm

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Syntaxhighlighting-definition-for-katepart-available-tp1406.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--