Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to exit out of s subsection?

David Jencks
How do you expect or want the rendering of the last “subsection piece” to be rendered differently than if it’s part of the sub-sub-section?  I don’t immediately recall ever seeing anything like this in, for example, math books with multi-level sections.

David Jencks

On May 28, 2020, at 9:17 AM, siddjain [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sometimes I feel the need to exist out of a subsection to the parent section. For example, say I have following document

= Section

== Subsection

=== Subsubsection

I write something here which should go into the Subsubsection

Now I want this piece to text to be part of my Subsection but I don't want to begin a new subsection. How an I do this?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/How-to-exit-out-of-s-subsection-tp8063.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

siddjain
The use case of this is when I want to give an exercise in a subsection, then I need to exit out to parent section.
Reply | Threaded
|

David Jencks
That doesn’t match my idea of the semantics of a subsection.  Instead it seems to me like a sort of named block.  Have you tried other approaches such as a description list?

If you are adventurous you could write a block processor that puts the contents of the block into a document and returns the document to become a block in the enclosing section. I discovered that the js ainclude block macro I’m developing does this (accidentally :-).  I can give you some advice if you want to take this approach.  This is “using the API’ as Dan said would work.

David Jencks

On Jun 22, 2020, at 2:27 PM, siddjain [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

The use case of this is when I want to give an exercise in a subsection, then I need to exit out to parent section.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Re-How-to-exit-out-of-s-subsection-tp8064p8083.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML