classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

One day strategy hangout / unconference

mojavelinux
Administrator
Asciidoctor has grown rapidly in the last two years, both in terms of community size (50+) and number of repositories (30+). When momentum accumulates this quickly, its good to pause and share our visions, align (or agree to not align) our goals, identify roadblocks and embrace big challenges. (I'm also excited for the opportunity to spend time with all of you!)

I'd like to float the idea of having a one day strategy hangout / unconference online, perhaps via Google Hangout or Big Blue Button. I wouldn't expect everyone to attend for the whole day. Rather, you'd dial in just for the topics in which you're interested or when you want to provide input. (Of course, if we need to split it over more than one day, that's perfectly fine. By one day, I mean about that length).

Asciidoctor has become a serious software project and with that comes some challenging issues we need to solve. The goal of this hangout session is to:

a. make it clear which problems we want to solve
b. share ideas about how to solve those problems, or innovations we want to explore
c. propose steps to get there (and who is likely to lead each initiative...at least to start)
d. take notes!

I've started a list of high-level topics that are candidates to discussion. I'm thinking of dedicating an hour to each topic we select. If you have other high-level ideas in mind, please feel free to *edit the page*. We could even run multiple channels if we need to cover more topics and some only require few people.

If you think there's a better way to go about this, please speak up. I don't pretend to know all the answers...but I do know I have a lot of Asciidoctor topics on my mind these days and want to get them on the table.

We can also discuss the idea of having meetings at this meeting. That's a perfectly legitimate topic!

I look forward to reading your feedback.

Cheers,