classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Indentiation problems with generated Quote and Source

xcoulon
Hello,

I'm writing an article (with asciidoctor 1.5.0.preview.3 + awestruct) and I have the following issues with quote blocks and source blocks:

* the following block:
----
A filter or interceptor class can be decorated with...
----

is generated as:

<div class="listingblock">
    <div class="content">
        <pre>
            A filter or interceptor class can be decorated with…
        </pre>
    </div>
</div>

instead being generated as a <blockquote> element (as in the online documentation).  The problem is that the text is not wrapped and styled as it would be if it was a <blockquote>.

* The following block:
[source,java]
----
@Target({ ElementType.TYPE, ElementType.METHOD })
@Retention(value = RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
@NameBinding
public @interface CustomInterceptorBinding {

}
----

is also rendered as a <div class="listingblock"> (same as above), and further more, all lines of the source code *except the first one* are indented.

Do you see anything I'm missing or I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Indentiation problems with generated Quote and Source

LightGuardjp
Blockquotes are four underscores, listing blocks are four hyphens, easy one to miss. 

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM, xcoulon [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm writing an article (with asciidoctor 1.5.0.preview.3 + awestruct) and I have the following issues with quote blocks and source blocks:

* the following block:
----
A filter or interceptor class can be decorated with...
----

is generated as:

<div class="listingblock">
    <div class="content">
        <pre>
            A filter or interceptor class can be decorated with…
        </pre>
    </div>
</div>

instead being generated as a <blockquote> element (as in the online documentation).  The problem is that the text is not wrapped and styled as it would be if it was a <blockquote>.

* The following block:
[source,java]
----
@NameBinding

}
----

is also rendered as a <div class="listingblock"> (same as above), and further more, all lines of the source code *except the first one* are indented.

Do you see anything I'm missing or I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Xavier

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Indentiation-problems-with-generated-Quote-and-Source-tp1639.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

xcoulon
Ohhhh ! Thanks for spotting that mistake, Jason ! That fixes the problem with the quote blocks \o/

Do you have any idea why the source code is indented on all lines except the first one ?

Best regards,
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
What's the actual source? If the source is indented, then the output will be as well as the source code is wrapped inside of a pre tag.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM, xcoulon [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ohhhh ! Thanks for spotting that mistake, Jason ! That fixes the problem with the quote blocks \o/

Do you have any idea why the source code is indented on all lines except the first one ?

Best regards,
Xavier

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Indentiation-problems-with-generated-Quote-and-Source-tp1639p1641.html
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
In reply to this post by xcoulon
Hm, looking at the code, sorry I missed it in the first reply, I'm not sure why it would be indented. Is this a regression, or was it the same in 0.1.4?

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM, xcoulon [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Best regards,
Xavier

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Indentiation-problems-with-generated-Quote-and-Source-tp1639p1641.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

xcoulon
In reply to this post by LightGuardjp
sure, I understand that, but here's the source I have:

[source,java]
----
@NameBinding

}
----

first line (@Target(...)) is not indented, while other lines are.
Adding a first blank line does not change the generated output.

Xavier

Reply | Threaded
|

xcoulon
I generated the .html from cmd-line with asciidoctor 1.5.0.preview.3 and 0.1.4 and they are both correct (ie, no extra indentation, as I would expected). 
It looks like there's a problem with the CSS used in the site :-/

Thanks for your help !

Best regards,
Xavier

On 25 Mar 2014, at 18:05, LightGuardjp [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hm, looking at the code, sorry I missed it in the first reply, I'm not sure why it would be indented. Is this a regression, or was it the same in 0.1.4?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM, xcoulon [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <<a href="x-msg://29/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1643&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

Best regards,
Xavier

To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email <a href="x-msg://29/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1643&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
NAML

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Indentiation-problems-with-generated-Quote-and-Source-tp1639p1643.html
To unsubscribe from Indentiation problems with generated Quote and Source, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

xcoulon
Oh, I replied too fast... 

I removed the syntax highlighting (prettify) that was configured on the document to see the "raw" content of the generated <pre> element in the Document Inspector in Firefox (well, I could have looked at the page source before, I know..), and it seems that asciidoctor-1.5.0.preview

When generating the file from cmd-line, I get the following HTML fragment with asciidoctor 0.1.4: 
<pre class="highlight"><code class="java language-java">@Target({ ElementType.TYPE, ElementType.METHOD })
@NameBinding
public @interface CustomInterceptorBinding {}</code></pre>

When generating the file from cmd-line, I get the following HTML fragment with asciidoctor 1.5.0.preview.3:
<div class="content">
<pre class="highlight"><code class="java language-java">@Target({ ElementType.TYPE, ElementType.METHOD })
@NameBinding
public @interface CustomInterceptorBinding {}</code></pre>

(Both are correct)

Now, when integrated with awestruct 0.5.4.rc3 with asciidoctor-1.5.0.preview.3:, I get this: 

<pre class="highlight"><code class="java language-java">@Target({ ElementType.TYPE, ElementType.METHOD })&#x000A;      @Retention(value = RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)&#x000A;      @NameBinding&#x000A;      public @interface CustomInterceptorBinding {}</code></pre>

See how 6 spaces are inserted after each &#x000A;
Could it be an issue with asciidoctor integration in awestruct ? Or should I look for something else ?

Thanks.
Best regards,
/Xavier

On 25 Mar 2014, at 18:20, Xavier Coulon <[hidden email]> wrote:

I generated the .html from cmd-line with asciidoctor 1.5.0.preview.3 and 0.1.4 and they are both correct (ie, no extra indentation, as I would expected). 
It looks like there's a problem with the CSS used in the site :-/

Thanks for your help !

Best regards,
Xavier

On 25 Mar 2014, at 18:05, LightGuardjp [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM, xcoulon [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <<a href="x-msg://29/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1643&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

Best regards,
Xavier

To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email <a href="x-msg://29/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1643&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
NAML

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Indentiation-problems-with-generated-Quote-and-Source-tp1639p1643.html
To unsubscribe from Indentiation problems with generated Quote and Source, click here.
NAML