classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Guidance Required - Before starting.

srrajeshkumar
Hi !

My sincere thanks and greetings to asciidoctor team, for having given a vanilla interface to write contents of high standards.

My Introduction to Asciidoctor...

For past few days, I have been running around markup languages to use for my documentation project.  I have user and admin manuals(raw) to be converted to pdf/epub formats.  Initially i found Docbook XML and was convinced to start the work, but on hanging around parallely on drupal CMS, i came to know about Asciidoc.  It's quite revealing how much ease and convenient asciidoc is.  In fact I took quite a bit time to find the difference between asciidoc and asciidoctor.  Though asciidoctor manuals are good to start with, I found they are not complete, as the manual itself awaits completion.  I did some quick rendering and conversions, I found html5 format is quite pleasing, but pdf didn't carry the same font type, further the epub conversion has on going issue which I found in the forum as well.

In light of above trial and errors, I would like to know whether did I go wrong in getting asciidoctor right or asciidoctor is not stable yet.  Having seen the benefits of writing using asciidoctor, it's tough for me to traceback to docbook XML.