3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Create plantuml images in another output folder

neher
This post was updated on .
Hey,

I'm invoking asciidoctor with the -o option so we can redirect our output file.
Right before invoking asciidoctor, a script copies the images folder next to the output file.
This way, the images generated by plantuml are not copied, because they are generated in the original images folder after we already copied those images.

I could just use copy the images after running asciidoctor, but then the plantuml images/cache files are "polluting" my original images folder.

Is it possible to directly create the plantuml files in the destination images folder?
I as trying to use the -D option in the command line.
But when debugging (when asciidoctor-diagram is creating the images), this does not add extra document attributes.

The -a outdir="new/images/dir" option seems to do the trick, although we need to patch asciidoctor-diagram so it takes into account the outdir document attribute.

Is this the correct approach?

neher.

EDIT : I'm using asciidoctor-1.5.0.preview.3 and asciidoctor-diagram-1.2.0.preview.4
Jmm
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Create plantuml images in another output folder

Jmm

Are you using Maven ? If this is the case, it is easy to do and I can explain how to proceed.

Jmm

Not sent from my PC

Le 13 mars 2014 16:26, "neher [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion]" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hey,

I'm invoking asciidoctor with the -o option so we can redirect our output file.
Right before invoking asciidoctor, a script copies the images folder next to the output file.
This way, the images generated by plantuml are not copied, because they are generated in the original images folder after we already copied those images.

I could just use copy the images after running asciidoctor, but then the plantuml images/cache files are "polluting" my original images folder.

Is it possible to directly create the plantuml files in the destination images folder?
I as trying to use the -D option in the command line.
But when debugging (when asciidoctor-diagram is creating the images), this does not add extra document attributes.

The -a outdir="new/images/dir" option seems to do the trick, although we need to patch asciidoctor-diagram so it takes into account the outdir document attribute.

Is this the correct approach?

neher.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Create-plantuml-images-in-another-output-folder-tp1603.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Create plantuml images in another output folder

neher
We are using buildr.
But the buildr script is just invoking the command line trough Asciidoctor::Cli::Invoker.new(*ARGV).invoke!