classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Asciidoctor-pdf admonition inside attribute

1marc1
Hi Team,

I am using asciidoctor-pdf and I am trying to get an admonition inside a document attribute. Something like this:

:mynote: NOTE: This is a note.

Here is my text, followed by my note.

{mynote}

The output is simply "NOTE: This is a note.", without the actual admonition. I have been playing around with the pass macro. For example:

:mynote: pass:q[NOTE: This is a note.]

But this doesn't work either. Not sure if I need to change the order of the text substitutions.

Any help and suggestions are welcome.

Marc.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Asciidoctor-pdf admonition inside attribute

mojavelinux
Administrator
Attributes are not designed to hold block content. You can hold the paragraph content of the admonition block, but not the block itself.

You could develop an extension that draws content from a reserved (hidden) section of the document and inserts it at other places. Another solution is to use includes.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:17 PM 1marc1 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Team,

I am using asciidoctor-pdf and I am trying to get an admonition inside a document attribute. Something like this:

:mynote: NOTE: This is a note.

Here is my text, followed by my note.

{mynote}

The output is simply "NOTE: This is a note.", without the actual admonition. I have been playing around with the pass macro. For example:

:mynote: pass:q[NOTE: This is a note.]

But this doesn't work either. Not sure if I need to change the order of the text substitutions.

Any help and suggestions are welcome.

Marc.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Asciidoctor-pdf-admonition-inside-attribute-tp6680.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux