Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Asciidoctor on Gitter.

ysb33r
Would you consider opening a room on gitter.im for the asciidoctor project? Rooms are free for open-source projects on Github. I have been using one for another project and I have found it quite useful to have interaction at that period of day when all project members are online.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Asciidoctor on Gitter.

mojavelinux
Administrator
Sure thing!

I was on IRC awhile back, but I'll be honest, IRC always feels really clumsy to me. I like that on gitter.im the users are linked to GitHub accounts so that it's easier to determine who's speaking. I also like that it's a pretty interface that works in the browser. Usability FTW!

I definitely encourage you to have conversations in gitter.im, but do keep in mind that we want to make sure we document all decisions publicly, so once you reach them, be sure to post them to issues in GitHub.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 3:15 AM, ysb33r [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would you consider opening a room on gitter.im for the asciidoctor project? Rooms are free for open-source projects on Github. I have been using one for another project and I have found it quite useful to have interaction at that period of day when all project members are online.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Asciidoctor-on-Gitter-tp2109.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--