classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AsciiDoc in your Javadocs

mojavelinux
Administrator
John Ericksen [1] posted a few days ago that he created a custom Javadoc doclet that processes AsciiDoc in Javadoc comments and tags. The doclet builds on the Asciidoctor Java integration library.

This is exciting work. Javadoc is another part of documentation that could definitely benefit from a lightweight markup language like AsciiDoc. There are lots of possibilities here. Check it out!

I've invited John to join the Asciidoclet project with the Asciidoctor organization on GitHub [2] and he accepted! The upstream should appear there soon.

Welcome John and Asciidoclet!

-Dan

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: AsciiDoc in your Javadocs

LightGuardjp
Good to have you John! I'm really looking forward to the great work that will go into Asciidoclet.

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM, mojavelinux [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
John Ericksen [1] posted a few days ago that he created a custom Javadoc doclet that processes AsciiDoc in Javadoc comments and tags. The doclet builds on the Asciidoctor Java integration library.

This is exciting work. Javadoc is another part of documentation that could definitely benefit from a lightweight markup language like AsciiDoc. There are lots of possibilities here. Check it out!

I've invited John to join the Asciidoclet project with the Asciidoctor organization on GitHub [2] and he accepted! The upstream should appear there soon.

Welcome John and Asciidoclet!

-Dan

--

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/AsciiDoc-in-your-Javadocs-tp198.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: AsciiDoc in your Javadocs

johncarl81
Thanks for the warm welcome.  It's a real honor to see Asciidoclet adopted as an official project.  I'm looking forward to collaborating and revolutionizing javadocs.

John