various indices

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

various indices

ciampix
Hi folks,
is there an _easy_ way to obtain the figures and tables indices?
In asciidoctor, asciidoctor-pdf and asciidoctor-epub?

--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: various indices

mojavelinux
Administrator
Are you interested in the last used number, or do you want to get the number for a particular node in the tree?

If the latter, you can load the document, find the block, and access the index from the node.

doc = Asciidoctor.load 'doc.adoc'
table0 = (doc.find_by context: :table)[0]
table0.number

-Dan

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 1:28 AM, ciampix [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,
is there an _easy_ way to obtain the figures and tables indices?
In asciidoctor, asciidoctor-pdf and asciidoctor-epub?

--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/various-indices-tp6383.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML



--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: various indices

ciampix
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:59:19AM -0700, mojavelinux [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 1:28 AM, ciampix [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > is there an _easy_ way to obtain the figures and tables indices?
> > In asciidoctor, asciidoctor-pdf and asciidoctor-epub?
> >
>
> Are you interested in the last used number, or do you want to get the
> number for a particular node in the tree?
>
> If the latter, you can load the document, find the block, and access the
> index from the node.
>
> doc = Asciidoctor.load 'doc.adoc'
> table0 = (doc.find_by context: :table)[0]
> table0.number

Oh sorry for my really bad English,
I meant I would like to have some pages with
something like the list on contents but for
images and the same for the tables.

Something like:

Title

list of contents

bla bla bla pag.  1
bla bla bla pag. 11

Sub title

Contents

Sub title

Contents
Contents

List of images

Image caption1 pag. 3
Image caption2 pag. 5

List of tables

Table caption1 pag. 4
Table cationn2 pag. 9

Is this difficult to obtain?

TIA

Best regards,

--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: various indices

mojavelinux
Administrator
You might consider writing a treeprocessor that inserts additional nodes into the document model. Those would then get included in the generated PDF.

A treeprocessor would have access to all block-level content in the document.

I would start by testing it with HTML output. Once you get that working, then you could move on to the PDF output.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 2:28 AM ciampix [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:59:19AM -0700, mojavelinux [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 1:28 AM, ciampix [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > is there an _easy_ way to obtain the figures and tables indices?
> > In asciidoctor, asciidoctor-pdf and asciidoctor-epub?
> >
>
> Are you interested in the last used number, or do you want to get the
> number for a particular node in the tree?
>
> If the latter, you can load the document, find the block, and access the
> index from the node.
>
> doc = Asciidoctor.load 'doc.adoc'
> table0 = (doc.find_by context: :table)[0]
> table0.number
Oh sorry for my really bad English,
I meant I would like to have some pages with
something like the list on contents but for
images and the same for the tables.

Something like:

Title

list of contents

bla bla bla pag.  1
bla bla bla pag. 11

Sub title

Contents

Sub title

Contents
Contents

List of images

Image caption1 pag. 3
Image caption2 pag. 5

List of tables

Table caption1 pag. 4
Table cationn2 pag. 9

Is this difficult to obtain?

TIA

Best regards,

--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/various-indices-tp6383p6385.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML


--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux