Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

include tag ordering

steveo
In order to create reusable content I have been using the include tag feature extensively.
However, I noticed that the tags are always included in the order they are defined in the the file.
Would it be possible to have an option to include the tags in the order they are specified on the include directive?
This would make fragment re-use even better.

Thanks in advance!

Steve.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: include tag ordering

mojavelinux
Administrator
Steve,

I'm glad to hear you are finding this feature useful!

I really like your idea of specifying a tag order. That adds a whole new dimension of flexibility. I can't believe I didn't think of that before. It seems to obvious that it should work that way in hindsight.

I don't see any reason why we can't make this the default behavior. It's probably very rare that someone would not have already ordered the tags this way already, just out of instinct. I'll check, but I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem.

Can you file an issue in the issue tracker for this?

Cheers,

-Dan

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:12 AM, steveo [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
In order to create reusable content I have been using the include tag feature extensively.
However, I noticed that the tags are always included in the order they are defined in the the file.
Would it be possible to have an option to include the tags in the order they are specified on the include directive?
This would make fragment re-use even better.

Thanks in advance!

Steve.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/include-tag-ordering-tp5833.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux