how to print out Unicode letterlike symbols with Asciidoctor-pdf
Hello Asciidoctor users
I am a happy starting user of the Asciidoc/Asciidoctor environment. Thanks for this amazing gem.
I experience an issue with the pdf output of the Unicode Fahrenheit symbol ℉.
Using the guidance on your site:
- I found the font family GNU Unifont which contains this symbol and stored the .ttf files in a sub-folder of the asciidoc document
- I created a custom theme file referencing this font family
- I changed my windows batch file generating the pdf as follows:
asciidoctor-pdf pdf-style=certair.yml -a pdf-fontsdir=C:/Users/tt/Documents/Privat/certair/New folder/werbung/unifont" Basic_module.adoc
- When launching this batch file no pdf document is generated
I have 2 questions:
- how can I capture the Asciidoctor error messages (they are too quick to read)
- it seems that Asciidoctor needs another writing style to refer to the theme file and font directory.
Please, can you give me some hints how to correct this?