classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

default attribute "namespace" ?

vanous
Hi all,

i am new here, so sorry if i have missed something obvious. I have started using asciidoc few months back, have incorporated it into my workflow to be source of data for publican (asciidoc → docbook → fop → pdf). That was all simple, now i am looking into more complex situation with conditionals:

I would like to keep single document, from which i will generate 3 different pdf files:

1) complete book (without slides and speaker notes)
2) slides (without book and notes)
3) speaker notes (without book and slides)

== Chapter
Lorem ipsum.
More text.

ifdef::slides[Slides text]

ifdef::speakernotes[Speaker notes]

But how can i eliminate all the "default" stuff which the book is made of without having to wrap all book text into ifdef::book[] endif::[]?

ifdef::book[]
== Chapter
Lorem ipsum.
More text.
endif::[]

ifdef::slides[Slides text]
ifdef::speakernotes[Speaker notes]

Is there some kind of default namespace i can exclude somehow?

thank you
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: default attribute "namespace" ?

vanous
For now, i have solved this with include. So the master file will contain attributes for slides, notes and the main book content while the actual book content itself is split into chapters and included in, so technical writers can edit their text in these separate files without ever bumping into the conditionals.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: default attribute "namespace" ?

mojavelinux
Administrator
👍

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 3:09 PM vanous [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
For now, i have solved this with include. So the master file will contain attributes for slides, notes and the main book content while the actual book content itself is split into chapters and included in, so technical writers can edit their text in these separate files without ever bumping into the conditionals.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/default-attribute-namespace-tp7011p7012.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux