Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

asciidoctor-skins: custom themes for asciidoctor

darshandsoni
Asciidoctor comes with a very clean default stylesheet that saves users from spending time formatting their documents. There is now a repository for users who would like some other style choices, without having to rewrite stylesheets from scratch. All stylesheets in here pull in asciidoctor's defaults first and then apply custom styles to a few elements.
Check out the repository here.

This is different from the asciidoctor stylesheet factory in that raw css files are available immediately for use, without using any preprocessors or gems.
For examples, check out the dark theme or even a material theme.

Enjoy, contribute, PR, submit issues if you see them!
Ted
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: asciidoctor-skins: custom themes for asciidoctor

Ted
These themes are great! I really like the italian-pop and dark. The new notebook theme is cool too.

Excellent work on these. Thank you!
- Ted @TedAtCIS
Reply | Threaded
|

darshandsoni
Appreciate the feedback Ted! Hope they come in handy. If you spot anything amiss, feel free to issue / PR!

Darshan
Ted
Reply | Threaded
|

Ted
This post was updated on .
I really like all the new "material" themes you've added!

I've been using them in the Asciidoctor.js Live extension in Chrome. Since I couldn't figure out how it could import the main CSS file, I just paste in the entire asciidoctor.css file into the material-amber.css file, replacing this line:

@import "asciidoctor.css"; /* Default asciidoc style framework - important */

Then in Chrome  Asciidoctor.js Live Options,  use the Add Stylesheet Choose File... and add the material-amber.css

Asciidoctor.js Live Preview for Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/asciidoctorjs-live-previe/iaalpfgpbocpdfblpnhhgllgbdbchmia

- Ted @TedAtCIS
Reply | Threaded
|

apnadkarni
In reply to this post by darshandsoni
Outstanding stuff. The default asciidoctor theme is very nice too but lots of web pages are showing up with the asciidoctor look (the price of popularity!) so having the skins is great for someone (me) who doesn't have an eye for design.

/Ashok
Reply | Threaded
|

darshandsoni
In reply to this post by Ted
I didn't know that there was a live extension for Chrome! But then again... I'm not surprised!

Hmm... I'm glad it's working even though it can't import... will think about how to tackle that but if you have any ideas, just issue / PR it!

Darshan
Reply | Threaded
|

darshandsoni
In reply to this post by apnadkarni
Ashok, thanks! Exactly my sentiments. The default skin has had a lot of work go into it, but with the growing popularity of asciidoctor, it's likely that people are using it for presentations / reports / books that they want to jazz up a bit - without needing to go into tiresome CSS. Perfect for power users to just switch up themes and publish it through!
If you have any themes to add, do let me know! The bigger the collection, the better.

Darshan
Reply | Threaded
|

tedour
Hello,
I'm using asciidoctor-skins and it works nicely with html. But is it possible to use it with asciidoctor-pdf ?
Thanks !