classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

asciidoctor-pdf nice themes

curienri
Hello,
I used asciidoctor for 15 days and I could manage to get a fairly decent little book, and rendering to html5 is just good, I like default CSS applied with its fonts and colors.
Now I want to create a pdf out of my .adoc file (using asciidoctor-pdf), but the default is less nice than the html5 one.
I saw that one .yml file should be created , but I'm wondering if is possible in someway to apply the same html5 style to pdf too.
Or in alternative if someone has some nice (with some colors!) yml themes ready to use that should be great.
Thank you in advance
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: asciidoctor-pdf nice themes

mojavelinux
Administrator
It's possible to get the PDF to look fairly close to the default HTML5 theme, but there are some limitations. At the very least, you can start by aligning the fonts and colors, then go deeper.

For a while, I had a theme in Asciidoctor PDF that (somewhat) matched the default Asciidoctor stylesheet, but I pulled it out because the theme system is still changing too much for it to make economical sense to maintain both themes. Once we move closer to a final 1.0.0 release, I'll consider adding it back in.

I have experimented with some other themes and I plan to publish them to GitHub as soon as I get a chance. The exercise of creating themes helps me to better understand where the theme system needs to be enhanced.

So, long story short, anyone willing to experiment with creating themes for Asciidoctor PDF is part of the solution :)

Cheers,

-Dan

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 7:46 AM, curienri [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I used asciidoctor for 15 days and I could manage to get a fairly decent little book, and rendering to html5 is just good, I like default CSS applied with its fonts and colors.
Now I want to create a pdf out of my .adoc file (using asciidoctor-pdf), but the default is less nice than the html5 one.
I saw that one .yml file should be created , but I'm wondering if is possible in someway to apply the same html5 style to pdf too.
Or in alternative if someone has some nice (with some colors!) yml themes ready to use that should be great.
Thank you in advance

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/asciidoctor-pdf-nice-themes-tp4278.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen
Ted
Reply | Threaded
|

Ted
mojavelinux wrote
...anyone willing to experiment with creating themes for Asciidoctor PDF is part of the solution :)
I experimented with trying to use a different stylesheets like colony.css or rocket-panda.css in the style tag in the  docinfo.html file or at the command line but there doesn't seem to be any way to get asciidoctor-pdf to use them.

Stupid question: so is a theme for asciidoctor-pdf is all set in the YAML file?

https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-pdf/blob/master/docs/theming-guide.adoc

- Ted @TedAtCIS
Reply | Threaded
|

pwillard
In reply to this post by mojavelinux
Consider me helping (eventually) only my first few days using ANYTHING asciidoctor related.

I currently have a theme started that uses the UBUNTU font with some settings that match my preferred book stylings... It might eventually be good enough to share.