Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

asciidoctor-html5ruby broken?

Jeremie Bresson
As discussed in asciidoctor-maven-examples/issues/27, we need to provide a maven example that downloads a ruby extension as gems.

That is currently the case with "asciidoctor-diagram-example", but this might change if we change "asciidoctor-diagram-example" to use "asciidoctorj-diagram" instead of the "asciidoctor-diagram" gems. (see asciidoctor-maven-examples/pull/12)

As suggested in asciidoctor-maven-examples/issues/27 I have taken the simple extension asciidoctor-html5ruby and I have tried to implement something.

About the other gems suggested in the issues:
* asciidoctor-latex seems too big for a simple example.
* asciidoctor-diagram-cacoo requires a Cacoo API key

Now I get this error:
[INFO] --- asciidoctor-maven-plugin:1.5.2.1:process-asciidoc (generate-html-doc) @ ruby-extension-example ---
[WARNING] Using inherited external environment to resolve gems (C:/*****/git/asciidoctor-maven-examples/ruby-extension-example/target/gems-provided), i.e. build is platform dependent!
Dez 12, 2015 10:00:21 AM org.asciidoctor.internal.JRubyAsciidoctor renderFile
SEVERE: (ArgumentError) asciidoctor: FAILED: C:/*****/git/asciidoctor-maven-examples/ruby-extension-example/src/docs/asciidoc/example-manual.adoc:
    Failed to load AsciiDoc document - Invalid arguments specified for registering inline macro extension: [:html5ruby, HTML5RubyMacro, {}]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 11.617 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-12-12T10:00:21+01:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 61M/989M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.asciidoctor:asciidoctor-maven-plugin:1.5.2.1:process-asciidoc (generate-html-doc) on project ruby-extension-example: 
    Execution generate-html-doc of goal org.asciidoctor:asciidoctor-maven-plugin:1.5.2.1:process-asciidoc failed: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (ArgumentError) asciidoctor: FAILED:
    C:/*****/git/asciidoctor-maven-examples/ruby-extension-example/src/docs/asciidoc/example-manual.adoc: 
    Failed to load AsciiDoc document - Invalid arguments specified for registering inline macro extension: [:html5ruby, HTML5RubyMacro, {}] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

And I have no idea how I can debug or I can continue to work on it.

My guess is that the "asciidoctor-html5ruby" extension is not up to date... But I am not sure I understand everything.

By the way, my code is pushed:
https://github.com/jmini/asciidoctor-maven-examples/tree/patch-9

Any help is appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: asciidoctor-html5ruby broken?

mojavelinux
Administrator
I don't know what the status is of the asciidoctor-html5ruby gem, so I don't think it's a good choice for this exercise.

Here are the two gems I would recommend trying:

The first seems relatively simple, universally applicable and a good example of an Asciidoctor extension, so it seems to fit best here.

-Dan

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Jeremie Bresson [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
As discussed in asciidoctor-maven-examples/issues/27, we need to provide a maven example that downloads a ruby extension as gems.

That is currently the case with "asciidoctor-diagram-example", but this might change if we change "asciidoctor-diagram-example" to use "asciidoctorj-diagram" instead of the "asciidoctor-diagram" gems. (see asciidoctor-maven-examples/pull/12)

As suggested in asciidoctor-maven-examples/issues/27 I have taken the simple extension asciidoctor-html5ruby and I have tried to implement something.

About the other gems suggested in the issues:
* asciidoctor-latex seems too big for a simple example.
* asciidoctor-diagram-cacoo requires a Cacoo API key

Now I get this error:
[INFO] --- asciidoctor-maven-plugin:1.5.2.1:process-asciidoc (generate-html-doc) @ ruby-extension-example ---
[WARNING] Using inherited external environment to resolve gems (C:/*****/git/asciidoctor-maven-examples/ruby-extension-example/target/gems-provided), i.e. build is platform dependent!
Dez 12, 2015 10:00:21 AM org.asciidoctor.internal.JRubyAsciidoctor renderFile
SEVERE: (ArgumentError) asciidoctor: FAILED: C:/*****/git/asciidoctor-maven-examples/ruby-extension-example/src/docs/asciidoc/example-manual.adoc:
    Failed to load AsciiDoc document - Invalid arguments specified for registering inline macro extension: [:html5ruby, HTML5RubyMacro, {}]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 11.617 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-12-12T10:00:21+01:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 61M/989M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.asciidoctor:asciidoctor-maven-plugin:1.5.2.1:process-asciidoc (generate-html-doc) on project ruby-extension-example: 
    Execution generate-html-doc of goal org.asciidoctor:asciidoctor-maven-plugin:1.5.2.1:process-asciidoc failed: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (ArgumentError) asciidoctor: FAILED:
    C:/*****/git/asciidoctor-maven-examples/ruby-extension-example/src/docs/asciidoc/example-manual.adoc: 
    Failed to load AsciiDoc document - Invalid arguments specified for registering inline macro extension: [:html5ruby, HTML5RubyMacro, {}] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

And I have no idea how I can debug or I can continue to work on it.

My guess is that the "asciidoctor-html5ruby" extension is not up to date... But I am not sure I understand everything.

By the way, my code is pushed:
https://github.com/jmini/asciidoctor-maven-examples/tree/patch-9

Any help is appreciated.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/asciidoctor-html5ruby-broken-tp4081.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen