Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Verse inside table cell

ysb33r
I cannot really see what the purpose is of using v|. For me one reason of using a normal verse block is the ability to add an author and a source. I cannot see how that is possible inside a verse cell.

Besides that what otehr beneifti is there besides a specific style to be applied to the cell text?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Verse inside table cell

mojavelinux
Administrator
As the maintainer of Asciidoctor core, I can tell you that I honestly don't know. That probably says something about the feature :)

Joking aside, I've always been confused by the application of the verse table cell. It gives you preformatted (but not monospaced) text, just like a verse block, but there is no way to specify an attribution. I've yet to find a use case for this that I didn't solve by using an AsciiDoc table cell with a verse block. The only thing I can really think of is a mailing address or signature block. For that, you might want preformatted (but not monospaced) text and no attribution. But you could still solve it using an AsciiDoc table cell.

Long story short, it's really not something you'll ever see used.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:55 PM, ysb33r [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I cannot really see what the purpose is of using v|. For me one reason of using a normal verse block is the ability to add an author and a source. I cannot see how that is possible inside a verse cell.

Besides that what otehr beneifti is there besides a specific style to be applied to the cell text?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Verse-inside-table-cell-tp3452.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--