User comments with inline AsciiDoc (Ruby On Rails)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

User comments with inline AsciiDoc (Ruby On Rails)

jesc85
I want to give my Users the possibility to write comments in AsciiDoc Markup language. I use AsciiDoctor in my Ruby on Rails Application. Is there any easy way to use most (or all) of the AsciiDoc Language inside a Bootstrap Site within a comment section? If i use "header_footer: true" the whole site changes its style to the AsciiDoc style. If i dont use header_footer, it just works with some stuff like h1 and em. But, for example, not with TIP or Codeblocks. It seems that there is no CSS in this gem. Maybe iam missing something?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: User comments with inline AsciiDoc (Ruby On Rails)

LightGuardjp
Have you looked at asciidoctor.js? You'll still be missing the CSS unless you add it to your site, but it would allow you to easily use asciidoctor on the front end.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 14:44 jesc85 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to give my Users the possibility to write comments in AsciiDoc Markup language. I use AsciiDoctor in my Ruby on Rails Application. Is there any easy way to use most (or all) of the AsciiDoc Language inside a Bootstrap Site within a comment section? If i use "header_footer: true" the whole site changes its style to the AsciiDoc style. If i dont use header_footer, it just works with some stuff like h1 and em. But, for example, not with TIP or Codeblocks. It seems that there is no CSS in this gem. Maybe iam missing something?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/User-comments-with-inline-AsciiDoc-Ruby-On-Rails-tp5100.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Reply | Threaded
|

jesc85
Does that mean, its not possible to use "only" the AsciiDoctor Gem in my Rails Application to render some user comments (without Javascript)? Is there any documentation how i get the CSS to work in my Rails App?
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
Sure, you can use the gem if you want to do a full trip to the server (or use ajax). The CSS you can find in the asciidoctor repo, simply c&p that to your site.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 12:42 jesc85 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does that mean, its not possible to use "only" the AsciiDoctor Gem in my Rails Application to render some user comments (without Javascript)? Is there any documentation how i get the CSS to work in my Rails App?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Reply | Threaded
|

jesc85
Thanks! Now, i have the whole CSS in a HTML5 Style scope (inside a div). I think its a bad idea, but its working for the moment. Thank you.