classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Use of secnumlevels and Docbook / PDF output

littlepanda
Hello,

From what I understood, the document attribute "secnumlevels" can be used to set the maximum level for section numbering.

This works for HTML5 output but not for Docbook. I guess it's because Docbook has it's own section numbering logic.
However, it may still be useful to pass this setting to the Docbook XML. Maybe as a processing instruction? Then in the Docbook XSL FO customization layer one can make use of this to set the section.autolabel.max.depth parameter for example.

What are your thoughts?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use of secnumlevels and Docbook / PDF output

mojavelinux
Administrator
Great idea! We can communicate the max depth using an attribute on the processing instruction. DocBook XSL provides the pi-attribute template to extract the value of an attribute on a processing instruction.

I've opened an issue in Asciidoctor core to add this attribute if sectnumlevels is set (and also if toclevels is set).

Cheers,

-Dan

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM, littlepanda [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

From what I understood, the document attribute "secnumlevels" can be used to set the maximum level for section numbering.

This works for HTML5 output but not for Docbook. I guess it's because Docbook has it's own section numbering logic.
However, it may still be useful to pass this setting to the Docbook XML. Maybe as a processing instruction? Then in the Docbook XSL FO customization layer one can make use of this to set the section.autolabel.max.depth parameter for example.

What are your thoughts?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Use-of-secnumlevels-and-Docbook-PDF-output-tp1684.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--