classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Section Numbering

adrian
Hi

Id like to know how, when I have Section Numbering turned on, I can prevent the word "Chapter" appearing next to the "=="  sections - I only want the number like it does for "===" and "====" etc

Im using asciidoctor-pdf and I tried the other doctypes but book is closest to what I want
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Section Numbering

Jeremie Bresson
This is strange, because I build my PDF Books with Maven and I do not have the "Chapter:" prefix you are describing.

For Appendix, I know there is an appendix-caption property. You can set another value:
: appendix-caption: Appendice
(french example)
or unset the value:
: appendix-caption!:

Maybe there is a similar chapter-caption property...
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeremie Bresson
I found this:
https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-pdf/pull/47

Maybe the property is called "chapter-title" (and will be called "chapter-label" with 1.6.0).

PS: I still didn't manage to verify this in my Maven example...
Reply | Threaded
|

adrian
Perfect, this worked for me (it removes the word Chapter from being prepended to the numbers)

:numbered:
:chapter-label:

Thanks Jeremie
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jeremie Bresson

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 3:57 AM, Jeremie Bresson [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is strange, because I build my PDF Books with Maven and I do not have the "Chapter:" prefix you are describing.

Perhaps you aren't using doctype=book (but rather the default, doctype=article). This default was added to mimic the behavior of the DocBook toolchain when creating PDFs (except we don't yet have i18n).

-Dan

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen