classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Recalibrating the version number after 0.1.4

mojavelinux
Administrator
I'd like to recalibrate the version number after 0.1.4 so that we can make proper use of all the version positions (major.minor.patch). As it stands now, we are using the patch number as the minor number. We want to set expectations right and give ourselves room to do patch releases--the latter being the biggest problem right now.

I think we've already done our 1.0.0 release as 0.1.0. Putting out a 1.0.0 release now would appear as though we are replaying past events. Therefore, I propose the following jump:

0.1.4 => 1.5.0

The reason I like this change is because it's very clear that what we are doing is recalibrating and not necessarily making a major change to the software. Then we can set course for 2.0.0 as our next big destination, with 1.6.0, 1.7.0, ... and any patch releases along the way.

Sound good?

-Dan

p.s. I'm planning to send out a 0.1.4 release outlook in a few days. Sorry I missed sending one for 0.1.3. Though, you can always look at the milestones in the issue tracker to get an idea of what is planned for the release.

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Recalibrating the version number after 0.1.4

snowolfe
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
+1

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:06 AM, snowolfe [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Recalibrating-the-version-number-after-0-1-4-tp304p305.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

graphitefriction
Administrator
In reply to this post by mojavelinux
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

johncarl81
Sounds good Dan.
Reply | Threaded
|

asotobu
+1

Also I will try to implement next week a way to automatically download asciidoctor gem from github and installs on target directory, so instead of using the version provided by Maven, we can integrate AJI with the latest version none released of asciidoctor. I think we need to achieve real continuous integration in our projects.

Alex.
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM, asotobu [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Also I will try to implement next week a way to automatically download asciidoctor gem from github and installs on target directory, so instead of using the version provided by Maven, we can integrate AJI with the latest version none released of asciidoctor. I think we need to achieve real continuous integration in our projects.

+1

-Dan

--