classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pygments and Coderay do not render in AsciiDoctor-> DeckJS

Daniel Hinojosa
Hey there,
I'm new here.  I am using Asciidoctor with DeckJS making some outstanding slides. I tried code highlighting and everything works great except for Pygments and CodeRay.  

Using --trace I receive:
/home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:26:in `block in singletonclass': uninitialized constant Asciidoctor::HTML5 (NameError)
        from /home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:65528:in `instance_eval'
        from /home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:65528:in `singletonclass'
        from /home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:65526:in `__tilt_8005600'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/template.rb:170:in `call'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/template.rb:170:in `evaluate'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/haml.rb:24:in `evaluate'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/template.rb:103:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/renderer.rb:137:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/document.rb:769:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor.rb:915:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:86:in `block in invoke!'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:79:in `each'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:79:in `invoke!'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/bin/asciidoctor:13:in `<top (required)>'
        from /usr/local/bin/asciidoctor:23:in `load'
        from /usr/local/bin/asciidoctor:23:in `<main>'

Thanks for the attention on this issue.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pygments and Coderay do not render in AsciiDoctor-> DeckJS

mojavelinux
Administrator

Hey Danno!

Have you done a fetch in the last day or so? I ask because I just put in a fix for this feature. The deck.js backend was not requiring the stylesheet module, hence the missing constant error. That should now be imported in the latest HEAD. Give it a try.

Cheers,

Dan

On Nov 26, 2013 10:45 PM, "Daniel Hinojosa [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey there,
I'm new here.  I am using Asciidoctor with DeckJS making some outstanding slides. I tried code highlighting and everything works great except for Pygments and CodeRay.  

Using --trace I receive:
/home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:26:in `block in singletonclass': uninitialized constant Asciidoctor::HTML5 (NameError)
        from /home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:65528:in `instance_eval'
        from /home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:65528:in `singletonclass'
        from /home/danno/documents/presentations/play_workshop/slides/asciidoctor-backends/haml/deckjs/document.html.haml:65526:in `__tilt_8005600'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/template.rb:170:in `call'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/template.rb:170:in `evaluate'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/haml.rb:24:in `evaluate'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/tilt-1.4.1/lib/tilt/template.rb:103:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/renderer.rb:137:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/document.rb:769:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor.rb:915:in `render'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:86:in `block in invoke!'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:79:in `each'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:79:in `invoke!'
        from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/asciidoctor-0.1.4/bin/asciidoctor:13:in `<top (required)>'
        from /usr/local/bin/asciidoctor:23:in `load'
        from /usr/local/bin/asciidoctor:23:in `<main>'

Thanks for the attention on this issue.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Pygments-and-Coderay-do-not-render-in-AsciiDoctor-DeckJS-tp1126.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Daniel Hinojosa
Ran `gem update` all is updated and still same message. I am cool with some of the other highlighters, not a blocker for me.  The docs praised pygments though and now I am curious what that would look like. ;)

Thanks,
Danno
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator

I meant run git pull on the backends repository. Give that a try.

Ah, it may be that you have to use Asciidoctor HEAD too. I'll double check it against 0.1.4.

-Dan

On Nov 27, 2013 11:15 AM, "Daniel Hinojosa [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ran `gem update` all is updated and still same message. I am cool with some of the other highlighters, not a blocker for me.  The docs praised pygments though and now I am curious what that would look like. ;)

Thanks,
Danno

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Pygments-and-Coderay-do-not-render-in-AsciiDoctor-DeckJS-tp1126p1144.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

bleathem
In reply to this post by mojavelinux
mojavelinux wrote
I just put in a fix for this feature. The deck.js backend was not requiring the stylesheet module, hence the missing constant error.
I had to do this to the dzslides slim backend too.  I didn't issue a PR, because I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to comment out the rest of the file contents like you did for the haml deck.js one.  If you can clarify that for me I'll gladly issue a PR.

Brian