Preventing secondary index terms from appearing as primary

apnadkarni
If have the following index term in my asciidoctor source,

indexterm:[Commands, introduction]

I get the following entries in my index

Commands
     introduction, 12

introduction, 12

Is there a way to prevent the secondary term "introduction" from appearing as a primary as well ? The generated DocBook xml also shows a <primary>introduction</primary> element.

On a related topic, is there a way to specify DocBook indexterm attributes (like zone, range) in Asciidoctor?

BTW, I know neither Ruby, nor Java, nor DocBook, yet I'm producing PDF's! That too on Windows.
Asciidoctor packaging is just terrific!

/Ashok
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Preventing secondary index terms from appearing as primary

mojavelinux
Administrator
I believe that your first question coincides with the following issue:

is there a way to specify DocBook indexterm attributes (like zone, range) in Asciidoctor?

Not at the moment. You'd need to extend the converter or use custom templates to add support for these additional attributes.

BTW, I know neither Ruby, nor Java, nor DocBook, yet I'm producing PDF's! That too on Windows.

I love to hear that!!

-Dan

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 11:49 PM, apnadkarni [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
If have the following index term in my asciidoctor source,

indexterm:[Commands, introduction]

I get the following entries in my index

Commands
     introduction, 12

introduction, 12

Is there a way to prevent the secondary term "introduction" from appearing as a primary as well ? The generated DocBook xml also shows a <primary>introduction</primary> element.

On a related topic, is there a way to specify DocBook indexterm attributes (like zone, range) in Asciidoctor?

/Ashok

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Preventing-secondary-index-terms-from-appearing-as-primary-tp4873.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Preventing secondary index terms from appearing as primary

apnadkarni
Thanks for the prompt reply. I landed up using the pass:[] mechanism for now. My asciidoc content is actually generated from another script that documents commands so it was easy enough to modify that to output pass:[]  and easy enough to change to something more portable to other backends later.

/Ashok