Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PDF of Deck.js slides imperfect.

Daniel Hinojosa
I need to create pdfs of my slides.  I use deck.js. To create the pdfs.

1. Canvas-Image slides don't come out when I do -b html rendering of my asciidoctor.
2. It seems that anytime I have an image in a slide any text at the bottom gets automatically shoved over to the next slide.  

See attachment for these issues.

I am using deck.js rendering for my slides.  I am not using the asciidoctor pdf project because it seems I'd have to create a yaml style and I already have a css.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: PDF of Deck.js slides imperfect.

LightGuardjp
Not sure about deck.js, but reveal has things figured out pretty well for PDF output

On Sunday, April 12, 2015, Daniel Hinojosa [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need to create pdfs of my slides.  I use deck.js. To create the pdfs.

1. Canvas-Image slides don't come out when I do -b html rendering of my asciidoctor.
2. It seems that anytime I have an image in a slide any text at the bottom gets automatically shoved over to the next slide.  

See attachment for these issues.

I am using deck.js rendering for my slides.  I am not using the asciidoctor pdf project because it seems I'd have to create a yaml style and I already have a css.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/PDF-of-Deck-js-slides-imperfect-tp2978.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs49171n1h37@n6.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s49171n1h37@...
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Daniel Hinojosa
including canvas-image?
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
Not sure. They're using some CSS and the browser print to PDF. 

On Friday, April 17, 2015, Daniel Hinojosa [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
including canvas-image?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/PDF-of-Deck-js-slides-imperfect-tp2978p2999.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs49171n1h37@n6.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s49171n1h37@...
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--

Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:21 PM, LightGuardjp [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not sure. They're using some CSS and the browser print to PDF. 

That's correct. Reveal.js has very good PDF export built in. You just add print-pdf to the URL and it adds print styles that break the presentation into pages and print quite nicely. For more info, see {1}.

We'll be working on PDF export for deck.js in the coming weeks. At this point, I recommend using deck2pdf {2}. It does produce rather large PDF documents, but we'll be exploring options to get that file down in size.

The biggest problem with deck.js is that the styles are not responsive by default so the export is highly dependent on resolution.

Btw, the attachment didn't come through. Perhaps link to a git repo instead?

Cheers,

-Dan