classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multi line questions in [qanda] block

duncwebb
Hi,

Is it possible to have multi-line questions in a [qanda] block? I currently have:

[qanda]

Some very long question that occupies more than the usual 80 char width for text documents etc. etc. blah?::
    The answer.

If I split the Q. across multiple lines, it is not correctly interpreted. The following fails to render correctly:

[qanda]

Some very long question that occupies more than the usual 80 char width for text
documents etc. etc. blah?::
    The answer.

I've tried terminating the first line with a :: but then it's seen as a separate question.

Does anyone know if it's possible to split the question over multiple lines and if so, how?

Many thanks,

Duncan Webb

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multi line questions in [qanda] block

mojavelinux
Administrator
It's not possible to split a question across multiple lines in AsciiDoc. This is a constraint that is inherited by the rules of a description list.

This is not the first time this question has come up. In the issue below, I describe a workaround that would allow you to split the question across multiple lines if defined as a document attribute.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:41 AM, duncwebb [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to have multi-line questions in a [qanda] block? I currently have:

[qanda]

Some very long question that occupies more than the usual 80 char width for text documents etc. etc. blah?::
    The answer.

If I split the Q. across multiple lines, it is not correctly interpreted. The following fails to render correctly:

[qanda]

Some very long question that occupies more than the usual 80 char width for text
documents etc. etc. blah?::
    The answer.

I've tried terminating the first line with a :: but then it's seen as a separate question.

Does anyone know if it's possible to split the question over multiple lines and if so, how?

Many thanks,

Duncan Webb

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Multi-line-questions-in-qanda-block-tp4884.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multi line questions in [qanda] block

duncwebb
Thanks for the workaround Dan, I'll give it a go (much appreciated!)