classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Images as part of ex/implicitly numbered list

adam820
Hey folks,

Using Asciidoctor (and liking it ), to convert some of our Publican/Docbook powered documents. One thing I haven't been able to figure out if it's possible is how to include an image as part of a numbered list (either implicit or explicit). In Docbook, it was pretty simple, as below, just including the mediaobject and then it picked up on the numbering right after (i.e. 1, 2, image, 3, 4). This also worked with admonitions, as well.

<orderedlist>
			<listitem><para>First ensure that you are both on the <guilabel>Home</guilabel> page, and you are viewing the correct <guilabel>Dashboard</guilabel>. </para></listitem>
			<listitem><para>Now locate the button called <guibutton>Add Widgets</guibutton> and select it.</para></listitem>
			<listitem><para>A dropdown of available <guilabel>Widgets</guilabel> should appear.  Checkmark the Widgets that you would like to have added to your dashboard.</para>
				<mediaobject>
				<imageobject>
					<imagedata fileref="images/General/General-Add_Widget.jpg" format="JPG" width="50%" scalefit="1" align="center" valign="middle" />
				</imageobject>
			</mediaobject>
			</listitem>
			<listitem>
				<para>Now you must choose which column your newly selected <guilabel>Widgets</guilabel> will appear in.  The columns correspond with the layout of the Dashboard, which was selected when the Dashboard was created.</para>
				<note>
					<para>The default Home Dashboard is a 3-column layout unless it has been edited.</para>
				</note>
			</listitem>
		</orderedlist>

In Asciidoc/tor, this seems to break the numbering scheme. Implicit starts over, Explicit starts over with a complaint on the terminal (i.e. 1, 2, image, 1 , 2) . Is there any way to do this? I thought, perhaps, putting the whole list in a block might do it, but no dice. This is pretty helpful if you're trying to show pictoral examples as part of a numbered process.

Thanks in advance!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Images as part of ex/implicitly numbered list

LightGuardjp
Are you using a block image or inline list? You can also use blocks by using a + at that start of the block. 

[source,asciidoc]
====
1. You could try to have
+
More blocks in a list like this

image::pic.gif
+
2. Another item
====

Have you tried something like the above?

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM, adam820 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey folks,

Using Asciidoctor (and liking it ), to convert some of our Publican/Docbook powered documents. One thing I haven't been able to figure out if it's possible is how to include an image as part of a numbered list (either implicit or explicit). In Docbook, it was pretty simple, as below, just including the mediaobject and then it picked up on the numbering right after (i.e. 1, 2, image, 3, 4). This also worked with admonitions, as well.

<orderedlist>
			<listitem><para>First ensure that you are both on the <guilabel>Home</guilabel> page, and you are viewing the correct <guilabel>Dashboard</guilabel>. </para></listitem>
			<listitem><para>Now locate the button called <guibutton>Add Widgets</guibutton> and select it.</para></listitem>
			<listitem><para>A dropdown of available <guilabel>Widgets</guilabel> should appear.  Checkmark the Widgets that you would like to have added to your dashboard.</para>
				<mediaobject>
				<imageobject>
					<imagedata fileref="images/General/General-Add_Widget.jpg" format="JPG" width="50%" scalefit="1" align="center" valign="middle" />
				</imageobject>
			</mediaobject>
			</listitem>
			<listitem>
				<para>Now you must choose which column your newly selected <guilabel>Widgets</guilabel> will appear in.  The columns correspond with the layout of the Dashboard, which was selected when the Dashboard was created.</para>
				<note>
					<para>The default Home Dashboard is a 3-column layout unless it has been edited.</para>
				</note>
			</listitem>
		</orderedlist>

In Asciidoc/tor, this seems to break the numbering scheme. Implicit starts over, Explicit starts over with a complaint on the terminal (i.e. 1, 2, image, 1 , 2) . Is there any way to do this? I thought, perhaps, putting the whole list in a block might do it, but no dice. This is pretty helpful if you're trying to show pictoral examples as part of a numbered process.

Thanks in advance!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Images-as-part-of-ex-implicitly-numbered-list-tp1161.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

adam820
It's a block image. What ended up working was using some +'s before and after the image. Didn't need to enclose it in a block (though that also works, using the +'s):

. First ensure that you are both on the Home page, and you are viewing the correct Dashboard.
. Now locate the button called Add Widgets and select it.
. A dropdown of available Widgets should appear. Checkmark the Widgets that you would like to
have added to your dashboard.
+
image::General/General-Add_Widget.jpg[align="center"]
+
. Now you must choose which column your newly selected Widgets will appear in. The columns
correspond with the layout of the Dashboard, which was selected when the Dashboard was
created.
+
NOTE: The default Home Dashboard is a 3-column layout unless it has been edited.

Side note, I tossed what you posted in a test document, and it fails to run:
asciidoctor: WARNING: test.asciidoc: line 5: invalid style for example block: source

Thanks for the idea, that does get me back to the formatting I had originally.
Reply | Threaded
|

LightGuardjp
Glad you got it working. Looks like I sent that email five days ago... ah, yes I was preparing to travel back home from the Thanksgiving holiday and also prepare to leave for a conference. My apologies the code did not work, at least it was a hint as to the correct direction.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM, adam820 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's a block image. What ended up working was using some +'s before and after the image. Didn't need to enclose it in a block (though that also works, using the +'s):

. First ensure that you are both on the Home page, and you are viewing the correct Dashboard.
. Now locate the button called Add Widgets and select it.
. A dropdown of available Widgets should appear. Checkmark the Widgets that you would like to
have added to your dashboard.
+
image::General/General-Add_Widget.jpg[align="center"]
+
. Now you must choose which column your newly selected Widgets will appear in. The columns
correspond with the layout of the Dashboard, which was selected when the Dashboard was
created.
+
NOTE: The default Home Dashboard is a 3-column layout unless it has been edited.

Side note, I tossed what you posted in a test document, and it fails to run:
asciidoctor: WARNING: test.asciidoc: line 5: invalid style for example block: source

Thanks for the idea, that does get me back to the formatting I had originally.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Images-as-part-of-ex-implicitly-numbered-list-tp1161p1179.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--