== My Glossary

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit

[glossary]
    monday::
        First day of the week.

saturday::
        6th day of the week.

In the main part of my doc, I of course use those terms :

The shop is closed on monday but it opens on saturday every week.

Is there a way to link the text ("monday" and "saturday"), with style, to the glossary ?

Thx,
Th.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to link the glossary ?

eskwayrd
thierryler wrote
Is there a way to link the text ("monday" and "saturday"), with style, to the glossary ?
Yes. Add ids to each of the glossary terms:
    [glossary]
    [[monday]]monday::
        First day of the week.

[[saturday]]saturday::
        6th day of the week.
And then use cross-references to link to them:
    The shop is closed on <<monday>> but it opens on <<saturday,Saturday>> every week.
Note the difference in xref markup, the renders as [monday], whereas the second renders as Saturday.
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
Absolutely correct.

One thing we are still missing is honoring the reftext defined at the target.

[[saturday,Saturday]]saturday::

See <<saturday>>.

The anchor is properly parsed, but it is not used by the xref. This is somewhat related to the following issue:

-Dan

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:09 AM, eskwayrd [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
thierryler wrote
Yes. Add ids to each of the glossary terms:
    [glossary]
    [[monday]]monday::
        First day of the week.

[[saturday]]saturday::
        6th day of the week.
And then use cross-references to link to them:
    The shop is closed on <<monday>> but it opens on <<saturday,Saturday>> every week.
Note the difference in xref markup, the renders as [monday], whereas the second renders as Saturday.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/How-to-link-the-glossary-tp4784p4785.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux
Reply | Threaded
|

thierryler
It works perfectly : thx.

By the way, how can I style (color) it in the pdf export ?

Th.
Reply | Threaded
|

thierryler
In reply to this post by mojavelinux
Actually, there is something strange.

I do:

asciidoctor-pdf -b pdf -a pdf-style=resources/themes/my-theme.yml mydoc.adoc

And I get this error:

The following text could not be fully converted to the Windows-1252 character set:
    | ?

in Glossary.adoc, I have:

[[Multiversion,multiversion]]Multiversion::
    TODO

I do not get any error when I remove [[Multiversion,multiversion]]...

???
Help...
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 6:51 AM, thierryler [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
???
Help...

Have you read this section?

-Dan

--
Reply | Threaded
|

thierryler
Hello,

I'm not sure to understand ? Does it mean that I have to convert my docs from UTF8 to win1252 ?

Thx
Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
No. It means you cannot rely on the fonts that PDF provides (because they are deficient). You either have to reference the names of the fonts that ship with Asciidoctor PDF (as you see in the default theme) or you need to provide your own fonts. We're still lacking really good docs on how to do that, but it is at least mentioned in the theming guide.

To clarify, if you get the following message:

>  The following text could not be fully converted to the Windows-1252 character set:

it means you're attempting to use the fonts that PDF provides (Helvetica, Courier, etc), which you should not do.

Cheers,

-Dan

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 1:57 AM, thierryler [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm not sure to understand ? Does it mean that I have to convert my docs from UTF8 to win1252 ?

Thx

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/How-to-link-the-glossary-tp4784p4790.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

thierryler
Oh ok I understand.

I am becomming crazy about fonts.

I 've copied default-theme.yml into my-theme.yml and I've donwloaded all the fonts from github.

Here is how I start the generation :

asciidoctor-pdf -b pdf -a pdf-style=resources/themes/my-theme.yml -a pdf-fontsdir=resources/fonts mydoc.adoc --trace

And I get the following error :

c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/prawn-2.1.0/lib/prawn/font/afm.rb:48:in `initialize': Noto Serif is not a known font. (Prawn::Errors::UnknownFont)
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/prawn-2.1.0/lib/prawn/font.rb:289:in `new'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/prawn-2.1.0/lib/prawn/font.rb:289:in `load'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/prawn-2.1.0/lib/prawn/font.rb:243:in `find_font'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/prawn-2.1.0/lib/prawn/font.rb:57:in `font'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-pdf-1.5.0.alpha.11/lib/asciidoctor-pdf/prawn_ext/extensions.rb:185:in `font'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-pdf-1.5.0.alpha.11/lib/asciidoctor-pdf/converter.rb:1525:in `layout_title_page'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-pdf-1.5.0.alpha.11/lib/asciidoctor-pdf/converter.rb:143:in `convert_document'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-pdf-1.5.0.alpha.11/lib/asciidoctor-pdf/converter.rb:96:in `convert'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-1.5.4/lib/asciidoctor/document.rb:1044:in `convert'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-1.5.4/lib/asciidoctor.rb:1503:in `convert'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-1.5.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:94:in `block in invoke!'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-1.5.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:86:in `each'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-1.5.4/lib/asciidoctor/cli/invoker.rb:86:in `invoke!'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/asciidoctor-pdf-1.5.0.alpha.11/bin/asciidoctor-pdf:31:in `<top (required)>'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/bin/asciidoctor-pdf:23:in `load'
        from c:/dev/rubies/Ruby23-x64/bin/asciidoctor-pdf:23:in `<main>'

Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 5:02 AM, thierryler [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I 've copied default-theme.yml into my-theme.yml and I've donwloaded all the fonts from github.

You should not need to download the fonts or specify the pdf-fontsdir if you are using the fonts referenced by the default theme. All you need is the font catalog in the yml file.

-Dan

--
Reply | Threaded
|

thierryler
Hello,

I just found what was wrong: there was a space before "font:" :-( I just removed the space and it works now...

Can I ask an other question? In default-theme.yml, there is "font_color: $base_font_color" in the "heading:" part. Where do we change the value of "$base_font_color", pls.?

Thx,
Th.

Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 1:20 AM, thierryler [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where do we change the value of "$base_font_color", pls.?

base:
  font_color: #222

-Dan

--