How to comment list items in asciidoc source?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to comment list items in asciidoc source?

rockyallen
Inserting comments between list items cause the next list number to be reset. How do I add comments to list items without this happening? I want to add detailed notes about procedure steps to remind myself of why it is done that way without the comments appearing in the output.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to comment list items in asciidoc source?

LightGuardjp
Have you tried using '+'?

* Item one
+
NOTE: something here
+
* Item two

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, rockyallen [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Inserting comments between list items cause the next list number to be reset. How do I add comments to list items without this happening? I want to add detailed notes about procedure steps to remind myself of why it is done that way without the comments appearing in the output.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/How-to-comment-list-items-in-asciidoc-source-tp2803.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs49171n1h37@n6.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s49171n1h37@...
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--

Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
In reply to this post by rockyallen
Are you talking about hidden lines, or additional content like Jason is suggesting? If it's hidden lines, then you need to ensure there are no blank lines or else the list is broken.

* item one
// comments about item one
* item two
// comments about item two

Cheers,

-Dan

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:10 AM, rockyallen [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/How-to-comment-list-items-in-asciidoc-source-tp2803.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

rockyallen
No blanks worked fine, thanks both.