How do I include my css in the asciidoctor workflow?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How do I include my css in the asciidoctor workflow?

asciidocuser48
Reviewing the deleted and deprecated syntax and attributes, I noticed some that I use.

Current asciidoc:

[small red]#link:man:bash(1)[local]#

I believe in asciidoctor:

[.manpage]#link:man:bash(1)[local]#

How do I include my css in the asciidoctor workflow that would override/tweak a css value in the themed/factory styles?  

I have in the past assigned our own css to the stylesheet attribute. It would contain an @import to the themed/factory css. I prefer to leave the installed css untouched and do  any modifications in a user stylesheet for flexibility and ease of debugging.  I didn't see any new asciidoctor attributes that would support multiple stylesheets, or did I miss it?

-a stylesheet=user.css

user.css would contain:

@import url(colony.css)
plus other css

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I include my css in the asciidoctor workflow?

mojavelinux
Administrator
How do I include my css in the asciidoctor workflow that would override/tweak a css value in the themed/factory styles?   

You would create a stylesheet that uses @import to include the original stylesheet, then add your customizations below it. However, Asciidoctor will not embed the original stylesheet into the document in this case because it doesn't follow @import directives.

What I recommend is simply making a script that collates the two stylesheets together, then pass the result to Asciidoctor if you want to have the entire stylesheet embedded.

-Dan

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 8:35 AM, asciidocuser48 [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Reviewing the deleted and deprecated syntax and attributes, I noticed some that I use.

Current asciidoc:

[small red]#link:man:bash(1)[local]#

I believe in asciidoctor:

[.manpage]#link:man:bash(1)[local]#

I have in the past assigned our own css to the stylesheet attribute. It would contain an @import to the themed/factory css. I prefer to leave the installed css untouched and do  any modifications in a user stylesheet for flexibility and ease of debugging.  I didn't see any new asciidoctor attributes that would support multiple stylesheets, or did I miss it?

-a stylesheet=user.css

user.css would contain:

@import url(colony.css)
plus other css

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/How-do-I-include-my-css-in-the-asciidoctor-workflow-tp6138.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | https://twitter.com/mojavelinux