classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Generated HTML table default width

xcoulon
Hi !

I just noticed that by default, an HTML table is generated with a default "style="width:100%; " attribute, which prevents me from setting a 50% width for the table from my CSS.

Could we get rid of this default value ?

In the mean time, I know that I can set a specific value in the table options in the asciidoctor file, but I think it should not be hardcoded in the generated tag, unless there's a good reason to do so ? I think it would provide users with more flexibility if the styling could be managed in CSS only.

thanks
Best regards,
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Generated HTML table default width

mojavelinux
Administrator

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM, xcoulon [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi !

I just noticed that by default, an HTML table is generated with a default "style="width:100%; " attribute, which prevents me from setting a 50% width for the table from my CSS.

Could we get rid of this default value ?

In the mean time, I know that I can set a specific value in the table options in the asciidoctor file, but I think it should not be hardcoded in the generated tag, unless there's a good reason to do so ? I think it would provide users with more flexibility if the styling could be managed in CSS only.

thanks
Best regards,
Xavier

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Generated-HTML-table-default-width-tp1178.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--