Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Document-level flag to supress header/trailers

jnorthr
when translating a bunch of adoc's from a folder into the target folder, we typically let asciidoctor do it's thing and gen  nice html header and trailer bits. but some of my adocs in the same folder must NOT have those bits as they are themed with the client's logo/colors, etc.

is there a flag i can set WITHIN an .adoc to supress the html header/trailer generation ?

thx
jim
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Document-level flag to supress header/trailers

mojavelinux
Administrator
Yes. You can set the following two attributes:

:noheader:
:nofooter:

It cuts out the banners in the header and footer. Note that this is different from the header_footer option, which controls whether to output a full HTML document (when true) or just embeddable HTML (when false).

Cheers,

-Dan

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM, jnorthr [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
when translating a bunch of adoc's from a folder into the target folder, we typically let asciidoctor do it's thing and gen  nice html header and trailer bits. but some of my adocs in the same folder must NOT have those bits as they are themed with the client's logo/colors, etc.

is there a flag i can set WITHIN an .adoc to supress the html header/trailer generation ?

thx
jim

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Document-level-flag-to-supress-header-trailers-tp1637.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

jnorthr
most excellent ! many thx
jim

On 18/06/14 09:14, mojavelinux [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] wrote:

It cuts out the banners in the header and footer. Note that this is different from the header_footer option, which controls whether to output a full HTML document (when true) or just embeddable HTML (when false).

Cheers,

-Dan

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM, jnorthr [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:

thx
jim

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Document-level-flag-to-supress-header-trailers-tp1637.html
NAML

--

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Document-level-flag-to-supress-header-trailers-tp1637p1828.html
To unsubscribe from Document-level flag to supress header/trailers, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

jnorthr
In reply to this post by mojavelinux
thank you for that - i think it was just what the doctor ordered :-)

On Jun 18, 2014, at 9:14 AM, mojavelinux [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] wrote:

Cheers,

-Dan

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM, jnorthr [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <<a href="x-msg://11/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1828&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

thx
jim

To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email <a href="x-msg://11/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1828&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, <a href="x-msg://11/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" link="external">click here.
NAML

--

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Document-level-flag-to-supress-header-trailers-tp1637p1828.html
To unsubscribe from Document-level flag to supress header/trailers, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

jnorthr
In reply to this post by mojavelinux
have been looking for this document-level flag named
header_footer

have tried things like

:header_footer:
:header_footer: false

does this flag do the same thing as:

?
thx

Reply | Threaded
|

mojavelinux
Administrator

The noheader & nofooter attributes disable the banners at the top & bottom of the page. The header_footer option (on by default in the cli, turned off using -s) switches between a full HTML document (on) and embeddable HTML, body content only (off).

The header_footer option is really misnamed. It should be named embedded (or embeddable), since it's really controlling whether the content is put in an HTML document envelope or not.

I hope that clears it up. What output are you trying to achieve?

-Dan

On Aug 25, 2014 3:43 PM, "jnorthr [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
have been looking for this document-level flag named
header_footer

have tried things like

:header_footer:
:header_footer: false

does this flag do the same thing as:

?
thx

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Document-level-flag-to-supress-header-trailers-tp1637p2073.html
NAML