classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Create presentation using Asciidoctor

mareksabo
Hello,

I would like to create slides presentation through Asciidoctor. I was able to make it with backend reveal.js, but I don't like it very much, because is incredibly huge. Therefore I used deck.js, but...

I found your tutorial how to make it, and I successfully rendered presentation as html5. However, it is a document and I need a presentation (with arrows, like this). I tried different commands, tried to combine it with reveal.js gem,  went through a lot of manuals, tried to somehow convert that html output to real presentation...without success.

I am out of ideas, and if you have any ideas how to do it, or even just your opinions, let me know.

I also found deckjs for asciidoc but I find asciidoctor much better - therefore I would like to use that one.

Thanks!

Marek
Ted
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Create presentation using Asciidoctor

Ted
mareksabo wrote
I found your tutorial how to make it, and I successfully rendered presentation as html5. However, it is a document and I need a presentation (with arrows, like this).
For deck.js, the navigation arrows are not working for me in Chrome or Firefox. However they do work in MS-Edge and MS-Internet Explorer.

Make sure you have the :navigation: attribute in the header of the doc

= Title Slide
Presenter Name
:deckjs_theme: neon
:status:
:navigation:

== Slide One

Foo

- Ted @TedAtCIS
Reply | Threaded
|

mareksabo
Ted thank you for your quick response. I probably didn't explain the problem properly, so I try again.

Let's have a presentation tutorial-slide.html with source file tutorial-slide.asciidoc.

When I use asciidoc, and i render a file using command asciidoc tutorial-slide.asciidoc , I get html in a format where slides are under each other, it looks like a printable version to me.
However, when I install backend deck.js, and render it through asciidoc -b deckjs  tutorial-slide.asciidoc, then I get the real presentation, 1 slide per page, next to each other (it's the same file as tutorial-slide.html mentioned earlier).

Now I want to do the same thing with  asciidoctor. When I do the command  asciidoctor -T ../asciidoctor-deck.js/templates/haml tutorial-slide.asciidoc, I get the file in "printable" version. I would like to get the real presentation version (SlideShow), but I have no idea how to do it.

I also tried to add :navigation: attribute to the source file, but it didn't make any difference.
Ted
Reply | Threaded
|

Ted
mareksabo wrote
 I would like to get the real presentation version (SlideShow), but I have no idea how to do it.

I also tried to add :navigation: attribute to the source file, but it didn't make any difference.
The equivillant to asciidoc tutorial-slide.asciidoc for Asciidoctor is

asciidoctor tutorial-slide.asciidoc

That will generate the tutorial-slide.html nicely styled version that works as your printable version.

Your command is correct for generating the deck.js slideshow:
asciidoctor -T ../asciidoctor-deck.js/templates/haml tutorial-slide.asciidoc

So I think your deck.js folder is in the wrong spot.

Following the tutorial, your (folder) asciidoctor-deck.js should look like this

(folder) deck.js
(folder) templates (this has the haml folder with all the .haml templates in it)
tutorial-slide.asciidoc
tutorial-slide.html

You need to have these in the same folder to get the slide show to work.

(folder) deck.js
tutorial-slide.html

Without the (folder) deck.js the tutorial-slide.html looks like an unstyled document.

Finally, adding the :navigation: turns on the left and right navigation arrows for Microsoft browsers. You have to mouse over the slide for the arrows to be visible.

- Ted @TedAtCIS
Reply | Threaded
|

mareksabo
You were absolutely right, thank you! :-)