classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Create WAR file from rendered AsciiDoc files

asotobu
Hi,

I was thinking a way to publish rendered documentation into a server, this feature would fit with Continuous Delivery philosophy because documentation could be rendered each time a change is done and getting published to a server. I was thinking about a WAR file because for example in case we were using Maven as build tool, we could generate the documentation, bundle within a WAR file and then using a plugin like Cargo, that file could be deployed inside a server (let's say a jboss running on openshift for example).

The question is where this module should be developed, maybe we can think as a module of Asciidoctor-Java-Integration project, so it would have a class which creates this WAR file. Another option is put this feature as option of Asciidoctor-Maven-Plugin because in theory you would like to render and upload documentation at once. Another option could be create another project which could be used as a publisher (publish to github.io, publish to WAR file, ...) and then create as a part of this project a Maven plugin (and maybe a Gradle too) for calling it.

WDYT?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Create WAR file from rendered AsciiDoc files

LightGuardjp
Why wouldn't you use the assembly plugin for this[1]? We could create a new project or add it into the Maven plugin, but I feel strongly about not reinventing the wheel, as fun as it may be, when there are many other solutions to the problem.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM, asotobu [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking a way to publish rendered documentation into a server, this feature would fit with Continuous Delivery philosophy because documentation could be rendered each time a change is done and getting published to a server. I was thinking about a WAR file because for example in case we were using Maven as build tool, we could generate the documentation, bundle within a WAR file and then using a plugin like Cargo, that file could be deployed inside a server (let's say a jboss running on openshift for example).

The question is where this module should be developed, maybe we can think as a module of Asciidoctor-Java-Integration project, so it would have a class which creates this WAR file. Another option is put this feature as option of Asciidoctor-Maven-Plugin because in theory you would like to render and upload documentation at once. Another option could be create another project which could be used as a publisher (publish to github.io, publish to WAR file, ...) and then create as a part of this project a Maven plugin (and maybe a Gradle too) for calling it.

WDYT?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Create-WAR-file-from-rendered-AsciiDoc-files-tp439.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Create WAR file from rendered AsciiDoc files

asotobu
Cool I will take a look, I didn't know that Maven Assembly plugin could also generate a WAR file, I was thinking it could only generate a zip dist file.