|

Re: Asciidoc to Html with client-side search

jnilo
mojavelinux wrote
If you leverage the Asciidoctor converter API, then you don't have to worry
about Unix or Windows launch scripts. You can piggyback on the asciidoctor
command and it will just work anywhere that Asciidoctor already runs (which
is anywhere).
That sounds an interesting approach. I guess I would have to learn Ruby ? Any suggested reading/example on how to use Asciidoctor converter API ?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

mojavelinux
Administrator
jnilo,

Until we have an official tutorial, the best way is to look at examples. You can look at Asciidoctor PDF and EPUB3 for advanced examples. You can look at the manpage converter {1} for something a bit simpler (though you'd want to extend Converter instead of BuiltinConverter). And, for the simplest, there is an example in the Ruby doc {2}.

-Dan

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:13 AM, jnilo [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
mojavelinux wrote
If you leverage the Asciidoctor converter API, then you don't have to worry
about Unix or Windows launch scripts. You can piggyback on the asciidoctor
command and it will just work anywhere that Asciidoctor already runs (which
is anywhere).
That sounds an interesting approach. I guess I would have to learn Ruby ? Any suggested reading/example on how to use Asciidoctor converter API ?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/Asciidoc-to-Html-with-client-side-search-tp4354p4414.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--
Dan Allen | @mojavelinux | http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen
Reply | Threaded
|

DocEvaluator
In reply to this post by jnilo
jnilo wrote
I get all the format generated at once.
I'll be more than happy to share this experience (that would be my tribute to this great asciidoctor project) which is mixing asciidoc together with docbook in a windows context.
Let me know if this could be of interest.
Hi Jaques,
this is really interesting and I would be interested in seeing this job. I also wrote such a batch file by now. Right now my batch file only calls the tools of Asciidoc (asciidoc.py and a2x.py), the Microsoft Help Compiler hhc and FOP for PDF generation. Only today I finally installed Asciidoctor and will integrate this in my batch job. The purpose of my batch job is to have a big set of examples to demonstrate the power of Asciidoc. Maybe we should share our batch jobs in a new thread in this forum, what do you think?
[ One more thing: My batch job also calls "pandoc" to convert a Word Docx file to Asciidoc first, but this would be an optional first step.]
Reply | Threaded
|

jnilo
@DocEvaluator
New thread opened.