Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AsciiDoc-ODF Plugin

tbrooke
I have been working with AsciiDoc to produce legal documents and it is working OK - I still need to be able to produce the documents on paper with proper formatting etc. I have followed the Asciidoctor Prawn explorations and this looks promising but I would like to be able to edit my document. I found: asciidoc-pdf

I did not see this on the list of Asciidoctor Plugins has anyone tried ascidoc-odf

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AsciiDoc-ODF Plugin

mojavelinux
Administrator
Tom,

It's exciting to hear about AsciiDoc being used in domains outside of software. Very encouraging!

We haven't yet explored ODF support in the Asciidoctor ecosystem. (though there is a related issue report for a WordML backend [1]). Fortunately, ODF is just an XML dialect, so it's feasible to convert to it using a custom Asciidoctor backend. Dag took a lot of the hardwork out of the task by creating a backend for AsciiDoc Python.

Asciidoctor backends are done differently than those in AsciiDoc Python, so Dag's implementation would have to be rewritten to be used in Asciidoctor.

You can see an example of how backends are written in Asciidoctor here: https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-backends/tree/master/erb/html5. We don't yet have a tutorial for writing a custom backend, but clearly it would make things easier :)

-Dan

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM, tbrooke [via Asciidoctor :: Discussion] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been working with AsciiDoc to produce legal documents and it is working OK - I still need to be able to produce the documents on paper with proper formatting etc. I have followed the Asciidoctor Prawn explorations and this looks promising but I would like to be able to edit my document. I found: asciidoc-pdf

I did not see this on the list of Asciidoctor Plugins has anyone tried ascidoc-odf

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/AsciiDoc-ODF-Plugin-tp1479.html
To start a new topic under Asciidoctor :: Discussion, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Asciidoctor :: Discussion, click here.
NAML

--